Simulation of Generation of High Pressure and Temperature in Metals under Shock Loading
- Dr. V.P. Singh
- Published Date:
- December 30, 2011
- Volume 2, Issue 1
- 7 - 10
- phase change, shocks in metals and radio-active materials
- Dr. V.P. Singh, "Simulation of Generation of High Pressure and Temperature in Metals under Shock Loading". International Journal of Research in Computer Science, 2 (1): pp. 7-10, December 2011. doi:10.7815/ijorcs.21.2011.009 Other Formats
- Pressure and Temperature in different metals including radioactive materials behind converging shock waves, is simulated using generalized form of equation of state. Tait’s equation of state of metals, is valid for pressures of the range of few mega bars and takes into account only elastic pressures. At such high pressures, metal undergo phase change and normal equation of state no more is valid. At such pressures, temperature in metals becomes very high and thermal and excitation pressures dominate over elastic pressure. It is observed that as shock approaches the center of sphere, excitation pressure dominates elastic as well as thermal pressure.
- H.S.Yadav and V.P.Singh, Pramana, 18, No.4, 331-338, April, (1982).
- Ya.B.Zeldovich et al.,“Physics of shock waves and high temperature hydrodynamic phenomena”, Academic Press, New York, (1967).
- Ray Kinslow, “High velocity impact phenomena”, Academic Press, New York, (1970), R.G.Mcqueen, S.P.Marsh, et al.,“The Equation of state of solids from shock wave studies”, page no. 294-415.
- V.N.Zharkov et. al., “Equations of state for solids at high pressures and temperatures”, Consultants Bureau, New York, (1971).
- V.P.Singh and Renuka DV, Study of phase change in materials under high pressure, J. Appl. Physics, 86, no. 9, 1st Nov 99, pp. 4881-4.
- V.P.Singh et al., Proc.Indian Acad.Sci.(Engg.Sci.), 3, Pt.2, (1980).
Sorry, there are no citation(s) for this manuscript yet.